Prep time: 15 minutes + 2-3 hours soak time
Cook time: 2-3 hours
3 serves per portion
- ½ cup dried split peas
- ½ cup pearl barley
- ½ cup dried soup mix
- 1-1 ½ kg lean beef or lamb, diced
- 1 large sweet potato, cubed
- 500g pumpkin, cubed
- 4 medium potatoes, cubed
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 400g can four bean mix
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons Moroccan spice mix
- SOAK split peas, barley and soup mix in water for 2-3 hours or overnight. Rinse before cooking.
- PREHEAT oven to 150°C.
- ADD all ingredients into a large casserole dish with a lid.
- COOK in oven for 2-3 hours until tender.
Recipe courtesy of Fiona Owens, Longreach Branch