The Christmas countdown is on and small business needs our help. Throughout the country, business owners are urging residents to buy local, supporting local families.
When you spend your dollars here, they stay here. Look at how much support our local businesses provide our not for profit sector.
In fact, every dollar spent at a local business returns five times that amount through employee wages, rates and the purchase of materials and supplies.
In the lead up to the festive season, let’s keep more business doors open and find local goodies for under your tree.
A dozen of the best local Christmas gifts:
- You’ll find delicious tea, tea pots, mugs, tea towels, local art and craft at Cafe Jilarty. Jilly’s stocks a huge range of gifts for even the “hard to get present” person.
- Pamper your loved ones – Frame It Hair and Beauty are offering a spray tan special. Or opt for a massage, facial, manicure or body wrap from one of our advertisers – they are a much wiser choice than a blender!
- Never underestimate the local Post Office. They have books, stationery and great gift ideas – plus very convenient if you are posting them off!
- Get active – Frisbees, boogie boards, pool toys, badminton sets, kickboards, footballs and tennis racquets. Choose presents to keep the family active all year round. Tracey Hethorn said the old favourite quoits were one of Sportpower’s most popular items last Christmas. I wonder what it will be this year?
- Pushbikes of all sizes (and some groovy baskets) can be found at Tin Can Bay Mower, Marine and Cycle Centre.
- Dinner or breakfast vouchers – you have lots of eateries to choose from on the Cooloola Coast.
- What about art and craft supplies from Cooloola Craft and Fashions or Krazy Katz in Tin Can Bay? It’s not just kids that like to create – try popping fabric, scrapbooking or cake making gear into their stocking! Littlies love crafty things so they can make their own presents for you.
- Make the most of our resort style fashion for your family (a rashie or togs) or spoil yourself with a new shirt or dress and pop it under the tree “from Santa”. Visit Rainbow Beach Trading Co., 7th Wave or 13th Beach – there’s gear for the whole family.
- What about a lures or two? Is it time for a new line or tackle box for the fishermen out there?
- We are an envied townships with spectacular attractions, so buy vouchers for Christmas. Try a day out for the whole family – surf lessons, paddle board or kayak with the dolphins or head out on a sunset cruise and you’ll definitely feel like you’re on vacation!
- Organise a fishing trip – hire a charter, kayak or a boat and spend a day out on the water.
- A bottle of wine is a quick and easy thing to pop under the tree, or to take along to your host at a Christmas get-together.