Maryborough-Cooloola Road reconstruction work

Federal Member for Wide Bay and Minister for Infrastructure and Regional Development, Warren Truss, advised that works have commenced to reconstruct a section of the Maryborough – Cooloola Road, between Bidwell and Boonooroo Roads.

“This section of road was damaged in the floods earlier this year.  The works, which include construction of a new pavement overlay, stabilisation of the existing road surface, and improved drainage, are expected to be finished in October. The final seals will be completed in early 2014,” Mr Truss said.

“Motorists may need to consider adding some extra time to their journey in the event that the roadworks cause delays. I thank motorists for their patience and cooperation during the construction period.

“The work will generally be undertaken from Monday to Saturday between 6am and 6pm.  However, outside of these hours, traffic restrictions involving single lane closures will be required and traffic signals will be installed to assist motorists.”

The work is being funded through the Natural Disaster Relief and Recovery Arrangements. The Australian Government will contribute 75% of the funding and the remaining 25% will come from the Queensland Government.

%d bloggers like this: