Oscar prepares for the Art Festival when “Raw Art” visits RBSS
Rainbow Beach’s “Brushes by the Sea” Annual Art Festival will again be held at the Rainbow Beach Sports Recreation and Memorial Club on the weekend January 24 to 26, 2015.
The local artists from around the Cooloola Coast area of Rainbow Beach, Tin Can Bay and Cooloola Cove are eligible to enter the Art competition and what an amazing group of talented people there are.
The categories cover a range of subjects: Acrylic, Oils, Watercolour, Photography, Quilting, Craft, Drawing, Young Artist. The People’s Choice always draws a lot of interest as it gives everyone a chance to vote for their favourite piece of art.
So to all the artistic people out there get your camera’s clicking, machines threaded , paint brushes working and creative ideas going – we look forward to seeing your entries.
Entries MUST BE SUBMITTED BY JANUARY 9, 2015 and are only $5 each. This enables us to arrange the necessary stands etc that will be required – you don’t have to deliver your work until January 19 and 20. Please check your entry forms for full details.
Each year we select a different local community group to be the recipient of the monies raised by the Festival. “Brushes by the Sea” 2015 will be supporting the Rainbow Beach State School Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Foundation Programme to purchase supplies for the garden and cooking classes for the children.
All of this would not be possible without our wonderful local business who dig deep and support this event:
- OUR LOCAL AREA – any medium – sponsored by the Rainbow Beach Sports and Recreation Club
- ACRYLIC – Any theme- sponsored by Foodworks
- OILS – Any theme – sponsored by Rainbow Beach Tourist Information Centre
- WATERCOLOUR – Any theme- sponsored by Rainbow Beach Meats
- PHOTOGRAPHY –Landscape –sponsored by Rainbow Beach Realty
- PHOTOGRAPHY – Real Life – sponsored by Rainbow Beach Cooloola Coast Community News
- QUILTING – Any theme – sponsored by Ed’s Beach Bakery
- CRAFT – Any theme – sponsored by Cooloola Realty
- DRAWING – Any theme – sponsored by Cooloola Cove Landscaping and Garden Supplies and Cooloola Hire
- YOUNG ARTIST (9-16yrs) – Any theme – sponsored by Dr David Smith
- YOUNG ARTIST (9 & under) – any theme – sponsored by Surf and Safari Tours
The ENCOURAGEMANT AWARDS for each category will be sponsored by Café Jilarty. And last but by no means least the ever popular PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARD is sponsored by the Rainbow Beach Sports and Recreation Club.
This year we are very fortunate to have art judge Tricia Bradford who has been involved with the art community in Noosa for many years, either teaching or organising galleries to enable the local artist to showcase their work.
For her dedication to the community Tricia was awarded 2014 Noosa Local Legend. Tricia has kindly offered to provide a drawing exhibition as an extra fundraiser, with only a gold coin to watch.
You should have received your entry forms either by email or post but just in case you require more or have missed out please call into the Sports and Recreation Club where they will be available.
We’re looking forward to seeing your entries.