Locals secure their “E” for Exemption

Jake Parton didn't waste time securing his VAP exemption from Selina Palmer at QPWS

Jake Parton didn’t waste time securing his VAP exemption from Selina Palmer at QPWS

A reminder for all of those whose principal place of residence is Rainbow Beach: you are now eligible to apply for a Vehicle Access Permit (VAP) exemption for the Cooloola Recreation Area.

The Rainbow Beach QPWS Information Centre has been busy with requests for the new permits.

Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service Ranger, Selina Palmer said, “It has been lovely to see so many locals – some I have never met before!”

“You only need to bring in three documents or you can apply online.”

Applying is a straightforward process. Having an exemption will save the inconvenience of repeated checks by rangers. Scans or copies of the following documents are required:

  • A current drivers licence with residential address details, and
  • the vehicle registration certificate, and
  • one of the following – an electoral enrolment card, rates notice, lease agreement, property valuation certificate or utility bill showing a matching address.

permits dec 14 (1)To lodge in person visit the QPWS Information Centre at Rainbow Beach or Tewantin. To lodge online go to http://www.qld.gov.au/recreation/activities/areas-facilities/permits/vehicle/faq-rainbow/.

%d bloggers like this: