2013 Cooloola Mitre 10 and Cooloola Cove Shopping Centre Cooloola Coast Christmas Lights Competition
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I enter the competition?
Entry is only online from November 1, 2013 via www.rainbowbeachcommunitynews.com.au Residents, community organisations and business owners of Rainbow Beach, Cooloola Cove, Tin Can Bay and Wallu are welcome to participate.
Entries close: Extended to 5pm Monday, December 9, 2013
Note: Please read the terms and conditions of the competition before submitting your entry form.
2. Where can I find the terms and conditions?
The terms and conditions are available on the Rainbow Beach Cooloola Coast Community News website at www.rainbowbeachcommunitynews.com.au
3. How many categories are there and what are they?
There are seven categories and eleven awards in the 2013 Cooloola Mitre 10 and Cooloola Cove Shopping Centre Cooloola Coast Christmas Lights Competition:
- Cooloola Mitre 10 Best Residential (1st – $250, 2nd – $150, 3rd -$100)
- Cooloola Cove Shopping Centre People’s Choice (1st – $250, 2nd – $150, 3rd -$100)
- Smiley Mick Electrical Best Business (lights or window displays or both) $100
- Rainbow Beach Meats Best Street $100 voucher
- Rainbow Beach Realty Best Nativity Scene $100
- Rainbow Beach IGA Best Recycled Material Display $100
- 4 Rent 4 Sale Best Tree $100
4. What is the cost to enter?
5. How many categories can I enter into?
Every entrant is automatically entered into the People’s Choice and Best Street categories (where two or more houses have entered on the one street). Competitors may enter into as many categories as they choose, but will only be eligible for one prize overall the categories.
6. When do I need to ensure my display is illuminated for judging?
Judging commences from 9-13 December, 2013 between 7.30 pm and 9.30 pm (businesses – business hours).
7. Who will be judging my display?
The names of our participating judges will remain confidential. Judges are not allowed to enter the competition.
8. How is the People’s Choice award judged?
Visit www.rainbowbeachcommunitynews.com.au and follow directions to vote online.
9. How are entrants judged?
Creativity, visual and artistic merit will determine winners.
10. When will we find out the winners?
Winners will be announced on the evening of Saturday December 14, Rainbow Beach Christmas Carols, Rainbow Beach Community Hall, 2013 (we’ll rotate this between the towns each year). Winners’ names will be published online on www.rainbowbeachcommunitynews.com.au and in the January Rainbow Beach Cooloola Coast Community News.
11. Can I enter by post or via phone?
Entries are only able to be received online. If anyone needs assistance with their online entry or voting both the Rainbow Beach Community Information and Resource Centre and Tin Can Bay Resource and Referral Centre help with computer training and access to internet.
12. Can I enter the Best Street category with others in my street?
Streets with more than one house are automatically judged for Best Street.
13. Can my children decorate their cubbyhouse and enter the competition?
Children can enter with the cubbyhouse as part of the display but as the terms and conditions state, the entrant’s display will only be judged from the front of the house or footpath by the judges. Children also need parental support for the online entry and safety with their creation.
14. What is the Best Recycled Material Display?
Use contents of your recycling bin or other recyclable material which can be reused in order to make a Christmas Display.
15. What displays are businesses or community organisations allowed for judging?
Christmas Lights inside and outside the premises, as well as window displays and decorations inside are all options for judging. Where displays aren’t outdoor lights, judging will occur in business hours.