Last month, members of Tin Can Bay RSL Sub Branch said a final farewell to Pam Leslie. In accordance with Pam’s wishes there was no funeral service, but a commemorative plaque was placed on the wall at ANZAC Memorial Park and was followed by a morning tea.
Pam was the first female president of the Sub Branch and the first female Life Member. She was also the School Liaison Officer, a position which she loved for numerous years and was loved by all the school children she came in touch with. Rest in Peace Pam.
After a hectic April, with Easter and ANZAC Day, we hopefully get back to some normalcy. We have the following program for May:
- Tuesday May 7 is our Carer’s Meeting, sponsored by Carer’s Qld
- Tuesday May 14 is the Veterans and Community Morning Tea – the theme is ‘Mother’s Day’ even though it’s after the event but close enough. Lawrence will regale us again with his music.
- All other Tuesdays and Wednesday are our Drop-In Centre – come and share a coffee and chat.
- Every Sunday, our BBQ and raffles. Also, music provided by local musicians.
- ALL EVENTS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
May should also see the commencement of the Veteran’s Retreat. While access to the bar area may be restricted at times, we will still be open for business, so if the front door appears to be blocked, the back door will be open.