Make sure your increase your fluids over February
by the Cooloola Coast Community Local Disaster Management Sub Group
Staying safe and healthy in our hot weather is a priority at this time of the year – not just for humans but for our loved animals as well.
Some of the things to do are:
- Stay connected – look after yourself, check on sick or frail friends, relatives and neighbours, listen to the news.
- Stay hydrated and nourished – drink plenty of water, avoid too much alcohol, caffeine and high sugar and eat smaller meals more often.
- Stay cool – keep your body cool, find a cool shady spot and wear light, loose cotton clothes.
- Stay out of the sun from 10am to 3pm, slow down and take it easy and avoid hot, closed spaces.
- And don’t forgot the same goes for your animals – keep them cool and make sure they have plenty of water and PLEASE DON’T LEAVE THEM IN A HOT CAR.
Our next Disaster Management meeting is on March 1 at the Cooloola Cove Community & Vets Hall. Contact Terry Steele on 0439 862 264 and see us on facebook.com/CCCLDMSG.