Have you tried stand up paddle boarding or dragon boating?
On Saturday, April 16, come to the Tin Can Bay Water Activity Day where high school students can experience the wealth of amazing activities that are available right here where they live.
Local organisations are keen to see young people involved in their activities so you can choose (at no cost):
* Sailing with the TCB Yacht Club and Sailability
* Surf lifesaving activities (10am-noon only)
* Tin Can Bay Coastguard tours (1-3pm only)
* Standup paddle boarding by RND Adventures
* Fishing off a 6-metre catamaran supplied by Coastwide Charters BYO fishing rod if you have one
* Dragonboat paddling
* All-day fun at Rainbow Beach Swimming Pool
It all happens from 10am at Norman Point when students would attend their first activity choice.
After a sausage sizzle at the Norman Point BBQ’s from noon to 1pm, with food and drinks provided by Jorrie and Vanessa from our local IGA, they move on to their second choice from 1-3pm.
Plus it is all free of charge to celebrate Youth Week! Students can nominate their activities at: www.facebook.com/CooloolaCoastActivityProject
Numbers are limited, so get in early! Participants will need your completed indemnity form, a hat, sunscreen, bathers, towel and water. If you have any queries, call Chappy Ronnie on 0413 135 867.