by President, Mark Beech
Issues discussed at the last Gympie Regional Council Tourism Advisory Committee meeting included:
- Illegal camping – concerns from members regarding rubbish etc. left behind
- Beach stairs – council has plans drawn up
- Council is investigation solar lighting for the town entrance
- Backpackers camping in the town hall when Fraser Island was closed recently and relayed the concerns that some local business people have in relation to this.
- Tourism Information Centre for Rainbow
- The ANC campaign including the Great Beach Drive
- The Gympie region has four business travelling on the ANC roadshow in April representing the largest contingent from any sub region on the Sunshine and Fraser Coasts. Three are from Rainbow Beach!
- Value of tourism is estimated to be $140M to region.
- The success of the partnership with SCDL in bringing trade famils to the region
At the next RBCT meeting you can enjoy a BBQ on the beach. Come and “network” with members May 3, 3.30pm.