Entries are free and close 5pm
December 6, Extended to Monday, December 9, 2013 and are open to residents and business owners of Rainbow Beach, Cooloola Cove, Tin Can Bay and Wallu. Plus entry is easy – just visit https://rainbowbeachcommunitynews.com.au/christmas lights-competition/ and add your details.
There are $1500 worth of reasons to enter the 2013 Cooloola Mitre 10 and Cooloola Cove Shopping Centre Cooloola Coast Christmas Lights Competition. There is loads of cash or prizes to be won, across 11 awards with 11 different winners (entrants are only eligible to win one prize – so your chances are good).
Creativity, and visual and artistic merit will guide independent judges to determine winners of the following categories:
- Cooloola Mitre 10 Best Residential (1st – $250, 2nd – $150, 3rd -$100)
- Cooloola Cove Shopping Centre People’s Choice (1st – $250, 2nd – $150, 3rd -$100)
- Smiley Mick Electrical Best Business (lights or window displays or both) $100
- Rainbow Beach Meats Best Street $100 voucher
- Rainbow Beach Realty Best Nativity Scene $100
- Rainbow Beach IGA Best Recycled Material Display $100
- 4 Rent 4 Sale Best Tree $100
Although it would be great to see lights up all December, judging will be held 9-13 December, 2013 between 7.30 pm & 9.30 pm (businesses – business hours).
There will be an awards presentation on Saturday December 14, at the Rainbow Beach Christmas Carols, Rainbow Beach Community Hall, 2013 (we’ll rotate this between the towns each year). Winners’ names will be published in the January Rainbow Beach Cooloola Coast Community News.
Hosted by Rainbow Beach Cooloola Coast Community News, our website includes a map of all the entries so families can tour and decide on their favourite. The Cooloola Cove Shopping Centre People’s Choice awards will be voted for online – visit the website and facebook page for more details.