Jenni Dawson says Cooloola Coast Furniture and Bedding has lots of tempting presents in their new giftware corner – even if you are on a budget!
BYO prettiest mug!
Secretary of the Tin Can Bay Lions Club, Ilse Storrie, invites you to a morning tea at Cathy House, 44 Toolara Street, Tin Can Bay on Friday May 7 called Honouring Mums.
Starting at 10am and a $10 entry with a lucky door prize, they invite you to bring your prettiest mug or cup and there will be a prize for that as well.
There is still time to enter the Lions Club Mother’s Day raffle with perfume, bath salts, chocolate almonds, a handbag, a special Mum’s pillow plus Drambuie and glasses.
There is also a second prize, with third prize a beautiful fresh flower bouquet. The winners will be drawn at the morning tea.
RSVP by May 5 by email email@example.com or call/text Ilse: 0433 561 106
Playgroup morning tea
Always a lovely morning, the Rainbow Beach Church Family are spoiling mums at their special Playgroup Mothers’ Day Morning Tea. It’s on at the Rainbow Beach School library, from 9.45am on Thursday May 6.
There will be open arms for baby cuddles, so mums can chat, sip and taste the scrumptious homemade treats brought along! All welcome.
Book lunch for your free posy
Rainbow Beach Sports Club has a special Mother’s Day Lunch menu. Book now, because the first ten Mother’s Day reservations will receive a beautiful flower posy from our favourite local florist, Kelly Fredline! Isn’t that a lovely gift for your mum? You can also check out the new winter menu whilst you are there.
A high tea at the Historic Gympie Station
Your mum can enjoy a fabulous high tea! There’s barista-made coffee or tea, glass of bubbles, ribbon sandwiches, smoked salmon and cream cheese blini, and a selection of station-made sweets. It’s on 11am to 12.30pm on May 9 and bookings are essential: maryvalleyrattler.com.au
Buy Local – 10 Mother’s Day Gifts for under $10
- A perfect gift for locals and visitors – try a “How good is living” stubby holder from 7th Wave.
- Tea cups, coasters, soaps and more at Cooloola Coast Furniture and Gifts.
- Chocolates from the Rainbow Beach or Tin Can Bay IGA.
- A delicious cake from Ed’s Beach Bakery or salami made by Tin Can Bay Butchers.
- Shout mum a drink or a coffee at the Surf Club, Country Club, The Deck at Sea Salt, Arcobaleno on the Beach, Marina Bar and Grill, or Soul Food.
- You’ll always find a bargain at Vinnies – pick mum up a book, puzzle or bric-a brac.
- If Mum likes to fish – try a lure or some bait from The Chandlery, Gardiner Fisheries or Rainbow Beach Fishing and Camping.
- How about seedlings and seeds from Mitre 10 Cooloola for a gardening mum?
- The Rainbow Beach markets are on May 8, so pop down in the morning because there is so much to choose from: candles, plants, gems, craft and second-hand finds!
- Lip gloss, nail polish and lots of pretties are at Rainbow Beach Pharmacy. Plus their lovely team will gift wrap for you!