The Gympie Region community can now have its say on shaping the long-term future of the state through a local Facebook page – www.facebook.com/QldPlanGympie.
Six questions, collaboratively developed at the summit in Mackay on Friday, are now online for all Queenslanders to answer.
Member for Gympie, David Gibson MP said the questions reflected a consensus view of the delegates who attended the Mackay summit.
“The questions were developed from a collaborative process involving more than 400 community, industry and government representatives at the summit,” Mr Gibson said.
“I was extremely proud to bring along three representatives from the Gympie electorate, who all participated with passion on the day.
“The summit was only the first step in the journey. It is now up to the whole community to have its say on the state’s future.
“The answers to the questions will tell us where the community wants the state to be in 30 years’ time, detailing our priorities for the future.
“The Queensland Plan website is only one way to give your feedback. You can also contact my office, or attend one of the local community engagement events planned for the local area.”
“Look for my stand at the Gympie Show this week where you can get a copy of the questions and tell us about your ideas or email me at email@example.com and I’ll send you the online survey.”
The six questions the community is asked to answer are:
- In the context of living in the community, how do we move our focus from me to we?
- How do we create and foster an education culture that teaches skills and values to meet global challenges and optimise regional strengths?
- How do we empower and educate individuals, communities and institutions to embrace responsibility for an active and healthy lifestyle?
- How do we structure our economy to ensure our children inherit a resilient future?
- How do we strengthen our economic future and achieve sustainable landscapes?
- How do we attract and retain the brightest minds and ideas where they are most needed and capitalise on global opportunities?
To provide your answers or to find out more about how you can get involved in The Queensland Plan, visit www.facebook.com/QldPlanGympie.