Pat and the team at Mitre 10 have a huge range of Father’s Day gift ideas and the expertise to help you select the right one for your dad – they also offer gift vouchers!
September 2 is Father’s Day, it’s just around the corner. Instead of giving him a pair of socks and burnt toast for breakfast, show dad how much you appreciate him with one of these awesome gift ideas and ‘best days out’…
- Is your dad a home handyman or Mr Fix It? See the team at Mitre 10 to arrange a gift voucher. For details, pop into the store, 7 Scullett Drive, Cooloola Cove.
- For nomad dads, buy locally produced free and budget camping guides from CAMPS AUSTRALIA WIDE. He can save thousands when travelling across Australia. Visit www.campsaustraliawide.com or call 07 54742542. Prices start from $49.95.
- Dad will love a new 4.5 metre, three piece surf rod and reel for just $79! Or, get him an OZTRAIL 2.5 metre RV shade awning for $199.00. Both available from Rainbow Beach Fishing & Camping, located on the corner of Rainbow Beach Road and Clarkson Drive.
- Spoil Dad with an action-packed fishing charter from one of our local operators. Call Ed from Keely Rose on 0407 146 151 or contact Matt from Rainbow Beach Fishing Charters on 0439 775 070.
- Silky Oak Tea Gardens, Kia Ora offer Sunday lunch and live music from 12 noon to 4pm. Take dad out for the afternoon and shout him a couple of Daryl’s famous craft beers or apple cider, brewed on premise. Bookings are appreciated, call 5486 5535.
- For a fun, cost effective day out, pack some lunch and take him to the Cooloola Cove BMX track (near Woolworth’s). And if Dad needs a new bike or his old bike needs some love and attention, see the team at All About Bikes, 25 Brisbane Road, Gympie.
- Don’t have a 4-wheel drive but want to hit the beach? Book a half day or full day 4×4 adventure with Surf and Sand Safaris. From just $85 per adult, you will enjoy amazing scenery, morning and afternoon tea and cold drinks. Email email@example.com.
- Cafe Jilarty is open early, seven days a week. Book a table to enjoy a hot breakfast at one of Rainbow’s favourite dining destinations. They are also open for lunch and dinner. Call 5486 3277 to reserve a table as it’s bound to be busy!
- From just $39, you can organise a day of fun at Double Island. Call Epic Ocean Adventures on 0408 738 192 to book a surfing, kayak or SUP tour.
- Marina Bar and Grill, located on the water in Tin Can Bay are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. They are a fully licensed venue so book a table to enjoy a picturesque meal overlooking the marina. Call 5486 4400.
- Dolphin Ferry Cruises in Tin Can Bay offer morning and sunset cruises. Pack your own nibbles and drinks and enjoy an hour or two on the water. Bookings are essential, call 0428 838 836.
- Enjoy sunset dining on the water at Food Sans Borders, Carlo Road, Rainbow Beach. Dad will love the wide variety of menu options including Mexican, Italian, Greek, Seafood and Indian – food without borders! Call 0490 232 392 to reserve a table.
- Mow the lawn, rake the leaves, tidy the edges, pull the weeds. The yard will look a million bucks and all it will cost is a little bit of your time. If you don’t have the skills or equipment, give Jim from Home Maintenance and Landscaping a call on 0414 944 930. Dad will really appreciate your effort!