The Camps Australia Wide Community Cook Book is a perfect present for a mum who loves camping – and it is locally produced!
The Camps Australia Wide Community Cook Book is a perfect present for a mum who loves camping!
Produced in Rainbow Beach, and printed in Australia, with over 100 tried and true recipes from fellow travellers – means Mother’s Day will be sorted for you.
Most of the recipes are adaptable for campfires and BBQs, as well as stoves and ovens you’ll find in caravans or regular kitchens. Travellers also shared their favourite campsites and must-see destinations around Australia. Find it at: www.campsaustraliawide.com
This recipe was contributed by Claire Phillips who said this tasty snack was a fun version of mini quiches – so easy the kids can create this for you!
This version is better for you – as there is no pastry. Eat this one hot or cold.
Quick and Easy Quiche Boats
- 1 packet of Old El Paso Stand ‘n’ Stuff Tortillas
- 1 cup of grated cheese (low fat can be used)
- 250g diced bacon (diced ham, shredded chicken or even cooked mince)
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- Salt and pepper just a dash of each
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a frypan over a medium heat sauté onion, bacon until tender.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs and milk, season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cheese, carrots, tomatoes and cooled onion and bacon. Stir together.
- Fill boats on a lined baking tray with egg and vegetable mix (you can sprinkle extra cheese on top if desired).
- Cook for 25 minutes or until golden brown.