Sandy Brosnan from Ocean Breeze Seafoods offers local fresh prawns ready for your celebrations
It is that time of year where work groups and clubs get together to celebrate in the lead up to the season, and it’s only a few weeks until Christmas Day, followed by more public holidays on Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
Here are our suggestions for some cracker Christmas parties:
- Prawns! For some it’s a Christmas ‘must’. Book in advance at Ocean Breeze Seafoods as they are sure to be popular!
- Book a tour, make it active with a fishing charter, dive, or horse ride on the beach. Learn to surf together or kayak with the dolphins!
- How about a night out at the Rainbow Beach Hotel with their live music, or playing Jenga in the beer garden at Coffee Rocks, or our very own BYO Italian pizzeria, Arcobaleno.
- Tin Can Bay Marina Bar and Grill, Food Sans Borders and the Surf Club are perfect venues for a long lunch soaking up the views.
- Organise a family friendly mega-game of beach cricket and BBQ on our beautiful headland.
- Forget about creating your picnic – and order it in. Ed’s Beach Bakery and Rainbow Beach Fruit will fill your picnic basket to the brim!
- What about a pamper day? Massages, facials, manicures, makeovers – what staff member would want to miss this party (can be tailored to the blokes as well).
- If you can’t decide on any one venue, our main eateries are in walking distance, you can choose one or all! Your first destination for starters, move on for the next course and lastly to dessert. Great to grab some exercise and fun for all. Be sure to organise with the restaurants and cafes beforehand.
- Go on a convoy – pack up some 4WD’s – hiring your vehicles is also an option. Head out to our lush locations of freshwater creeks, lakes, beachside lagoons and lighthouse.
- Or book a cruise from Tin Can Bay – does a sunset voyage around the Great Sandy Straits sound inviting? You can bring your own drinks and nibbles, just call Dolphin Ferry Cruises.