Join in and run or walk – you’ll see the Hoofin for Hooters team, Rochelle Harling, Liam and Helen Window and Sue Bennett at the Mother’s Day Classic on May 14
Walk, create or buy something special for your mum or the mother of your children? Remember step-mums, mother-in-laws, grandmothers or mother figures in your life – share the love-in on May 14.
Walk all over breast cancer
Pink, pink, pink! That’s the colour of the women in the Super Mother’s Day Classic walk/run for the National Breast Cancer Foundation, which raises funds for research while also honouring those that have been affected by the disease.
This is the 20th year, so get on down to Les Lee Park at Norman Point in Tin Can Bay on Sunday May 14 and take part in the celebrations.
Online registrations are open until May 10, so go to www.mothersdayclassic.com.au/register or you can register on the day from 8am. Participation by donation is also encouraged and non walking supporters can also take part in the dress-up competition, tribute wall and raffles, while enjoying a hot coffee, cupcake or sausage sizzle.
Official opening and warm up starts at 8.45am with the runners setting off at 9am and walkers shortly after. Water stations will be positioned around the course and complementary fruit at the finish line.
There are prizes for first over the finish line as well as best dressed female, male and team. The raffle will be drawn at 11am and you must be there to collect!
Join the 1.1 million Australians who have walked 6.5 million kilometres and risen over $30 million. Make it your year to be involved!
For further information or if you need assistance registering contact Jess Milne on 0411 218 254.
Create a special gift for Mum
The April Cooloola Coast Youth Activity Project holiday program kept youth entertained with toffee apple making, ribbon twirling, leapfrog batting, cup stacking and bunny boxes amongst other things. It was great having the parents get in on the action and a few more volunteers donating their time.
In May join Cupcakes, Cards and Craft on May 13 from 9-11am, where you can create and decorate a special gift for Mum.
For more information on activities or volunteering with our organisation email email@example.com or call Jess Milne on 0411 218 254 or Ronnie Timperon on 0413 135 867.
Mother’s Day Top 10 gifts – for locals and visitors
- All pitch in for a helicopter ride, make sure Mum brings her camera.
- Prawns, seafood or just fish and chips from Ocean Breeze Seafood and take it to the headland for NO washing up.
- Or ditch the kitchen and take Mum to one of our local eateries – from dinner over the water or golf course to stunning views of Double Island Point!
- Fresh flowers from either of our independent supermarkets – IGA or Sea Salt @ Rainbow. (And yes, it definitely is money well spent. You may not see that, but she does.)
- Day out on Fraser Island / K’gari – take a tour, hire a 4WD – you can drive Mum yourself.
- Or would your mum prefer action – a beach horseride, learn to dive, surf or see the dolphins on a kayak – even take a Fishing Charter?
- Take a surf and sand safari – drive to the lighthouse, and experience the Great Beach Drive.
- Book Mum in to Serenity Beauty and a pamper afternoon.
- Would your mum like a kayak? Buy local at Seabreeze Kayaks.
- How about a sunset cruise with Dolphin Ferry Cruises? Other water lovers may like to hire a BBQ Boat with Coastwide or Carlo Point Boat Hire for a fun day out.
- Something for the garden? Outdoor furniture? You’ll find it at Mitre 10 Cooloola.
- Finally, a dress to impress? Beach gear, sunglasses, bags? Visit 7th Wave.